Sugar Free for A Day...
Make your midweek-madness Wednesday a challenge..!!, a sugar free day.....
There has been so much talk about it on the news, radio and written in the newspapers both this week and last ....SUGAR..!!, just been listening to it today on BBC radio2 with Steve Wright.
So for 24hours I want you to go without it......, kick it into touch..!!!
Here's the Rules of the day
1. No cakes, sweets, pastries, ice cream, or anything sweet, naughty and nice.
2. No Processed foods, (they high in sugars, additives & preservatives)
3. No packet stuff, jars, no processed items
4. No fruit, dried, cereal bars or another else.... No cereals......
Eggs are a fantastic for breakfast or another protein or porridge or full fat live bio Greek yogurts, (watch out for flavorings and enhancers) - anything low fat will have a high sugar content, making it taste so yummy and lush but full of chemical enhancer to work on your taste buds.
5. No alcohol, off the booze, bubble, fizz or fizzy drink., It's just water and plenty of it, herbal caffeine free teas, redbush. Hot water and fresh ginger, lemon or lime
6. Lay off the bread, potatoes, pasta and starchy high sugar carbs.
Good options to go for are rice- brown of course, wild or basmati
Butternut squash could be your secret weapon, roast it, stream it, mash it,
make chips with it...brilliant post workout starchy carbs.
7. Go for 3 meals in the day, try and get protein in at each meal and LOADS of green veggies - ideas for you.....spinach, kale, watercress, rocket, broccoli, leeks, cabbage, asparagus, peas, spring onions, avocado, pak choy, courgettes.
Eat the rainbow, plenty of colourful veggies, vitamin and mineral dense foods. Foods full of antioxidants, free-radicals, protect against the diseases and promote health and wellness.
8. Plenty of fresh filtered or bottled water (3 litres) on the day.
9. Good Fats are essential for a healthy diet, nuts, seeds, avocado. Cook with coconut oil, it's the best and drizzle with olive or a nut oil (walnut, hazelnut)
Hazel "Sugar Free" Oliver